Prowers County Department of Human Services
Prowers County Department of Human services is to assist citizens within the community to maintain or improve:
- Themselves economically, and only when this is not possible, to provide economic assistance,
- Their physical health,
- Their relationship with the community, i.e., to reduce the level of community conflict,
- Their levels of functioning educationally,
- Their levels of functioning occupationally in order to achieve employability,
- Their relationships with family and/or significant others,
- Their ability to solve personal problems, which are confronting them in day to day living,
- Their living situation in order to sustain the highest possible level of independence.
To the end that:
- Economic self-support is achieved or maintained and dependency is prevented, reduced, or eliminated.
- Clients achieve or maintain self-sufficiency, i.e., persons function in their living situations and overall community relationships in the most independent manner possible,
- Neglect, abuse, or exploitation of people unable to protect their own interests is prevented or remedied, and,
- Individuals are able to function in primary, and/or secondary relationships.
Role preventing child abuse and neglect